Dr Sundip Patel is a Consultant Cardiologist at Queen Elizabeth Hospital and St. Thomas' Hospital. He qualified from the University of Wales in 1992 and completed his specialty training in Cardiology.
Dr Patel has been awarded Clinical Research Training and Interventional Cardiology Training Fellowships on a number of occasions. His research has involved assessing the use of non-invasive techniques to quantify cardiovascular risk and his findings have been presented at national and international meetings and presented in many medical journals.
Dr Patel is fully trained in all aspects of invasive diagnostic and therapeutic techniques.
Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
- Ischaemic Heart Disease (chest pain, angina, heart attacks, diagnostics - stress perfusion imaging, coronary CT scanning)
- Coronary angiography/angioplasty/stenting (invasive cardiology, diagnostic and therapeutic)
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Valvular disease/heart failure (breathlessness, murmurs, diagnostics - echocardiography, transoesophageal echocardiography)
- Palpitations, fainting, syncope/ presyncope (arrhythmias, atrial fibrillation, ectopics, POTS, IST, diagnostics - ecg, ecg monitoring, implantable ecg recorders, tilt testing)
- Cardiac risk factor management (high cholesterol/high blood pressure, metabolic syndrome, risk assessment, serum-urine biomarkers, carotid imt ultrasound, pulse wave analysis, CT screening, tailored risk assessment-stratification-reduction)