Dr Khan qualified from Cambridge University, completed her Neurology specialist training at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, UCLH and Kings College Hospital, London. She was awarded a PhD for her research in Parkinson's disease from the Institute of Neurology, UCL, University of London.
Dr Naheed Khan is a Consultant Neurologist with a broad range of neurological expertise offering an opinion for headache and migraine, epilepsy, faints, dementia and numbness and tingling. She is often asked to undertake a review of complex neurology for a second opinion.
Her specialist expertise is Parkinson's disease and other movements disorders (tremor, ataxia, dystonia and chorea). She also heads a botulinum toxin service for dystonia, hemi-facial spasm and salivary pooling.
Dr Khan is a Consultant Neurologist at Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells hospital NHS Trust and King's College Hospital, London. Currently, she is chair of the South East Parkinson's disease and Movement disorders Forum and member of the board of the journal Medicine (Elsevier).
Throughout her career, she has lectured at a regional and at an international level.
For Reviews of Dr Khan:
i want great care: https://www.iwantgreatcare.org/doctors/dr-naheed-khan
Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments:
- Migraine and other causes of recurrent headache
- The first fit / seizure and Epilepsy
- Loss of consciousness including near blackouts and fainting spells
- Vertigo, lightheadedness and other causes of dizzy spells
- Intermittent or peristent numbness and tingling of different parts of the body
- Weakness with loss of power of different parts of the body and MND
- Increasing loss of memory and Dementia disorders inlcuding Alzheimer's disease
Movement disorders expertise:
- Parkinson's disease - a new diagnosis, complex and complicated Parkinson's disease, young people with Parkinson's disease
- Other forms of Parkinsonism - diagnosing and treating MSA, PSP, CBS
- Ataxia - diagnosing and treating hereditary and acquired forms
- Tremor - Parkinson's disease, diagnosing and treating other tremor disorders
- Dystonia - diagnosis and treatment including the effective use of botulinum toxin injections for neck dystonia
- Tic disorders - Tourettes and other tic disorders
- Chorea - diagnosing and managing Huntington's disease
Movement disorders Botulinum toxin clinic treating:
- head and neck dystonia (head movements and or head rotation )
- hemi-facial spasm (repetitive winking of one eye)
- blepharospasm (repetitive blinking of both eyes)
- eyelid opening apraxia (slow eyelid opening)
- facial tics (sudden movements of different muscle groups of the face)
- salivary pooling and drooling (complicating Parkinson's disease, Motor Neuron Disease, epilepsy and any other conditions that may slow or reduce clearing of saliva)