Dr Denis E. PELLERIN, MD, PhD, FRCP, FESC, is an experienced and respected Consultant Cardiologist with 30 years’ experience in all aspects of adult cardiology. He was trained in Paris and has been working in London since 2001. He offers a compelling level of trust, and excellence. His private practice reputation is built upon his personalised and
professional approach, evidence-based Cardiology and patient recommendations.
Languages spoken are English and French.
Dr Pellerin sees patients at the Harley Street Clinic Diagnostic Centre, 16 Devonshire Street, London W1G 7AF. Same day appointments are possible.
For booking your private consultation or enquiries please call us on 075 3999 3666 or email to Londoncardiology01@gmail.com.
February 2021 update:
please note that Dr Pellerin is currently available for Face-to-Face Consultations, Video consultations and telephone consultations. Under government guidelines travel is permitted for all medical purposes.
IMPORTANT NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO SEEK MEDICAL ADVICE. If you are suffering from chest pain, angina, shortness of breath, tiredness, palpitations, high blood pressure, blackouts, loss of consciousness, syncope, swollen ankles, or raised levels of cholesterol, if you have heart failure or history of heart disease then now is the time to seek a
consultation with Dr Pellerin.
1990-2001 Consultant Cardiologist at Antoine Beclere and Bicetre Hospitals, University of Paris Sud
2001-2003 Senior Lecturer, Hon Consultant Cardiologist, Director of Echocardiography at St George’s Hospital NHS
Foundation Trust, London
2003-2015 Consultant Cardiologist, Director of Echocardiography at University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. The Echocardiography Department provided service on multiple sites including UCLH, The Heart Hospital, and The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery as one of the largest Departments in Europe.
2015- moving to the Barts Heart Centre, St. Bartholomew’s Hospital part time when services were transferred.
Honours and prizes
· 1984 Military decoration for courage during National Service.
· Prizes for cardiovascular research (1) French Federation of Cardiology, (2) The Medical Research Foundation, (3) Lion Heart Honorary Prize for innovation in the field of cardiovascular research.
· Invited as visiting Professor at (1) the Duke University, North Carolina (2) Pittsburgh University, Pennsilvania (3) Strasbourg University and (3) Paris University.
· I am a leading consultant cardiologist with 30 years’ experience of cardiology in tertiary referral University hospitals, first
in Paris then in London.
· My clinical expertise as a Cardiologist covers all aspects of adult Cardiology. I have expertise in heart valve diseases,
myocardial dysfunction, risk reduction of cardiovascular and coronary artery diseases, difficult hypertension, aortic diseases, pre-operative cardiac assessment prior to surgery, and stroke assessment and prevention. Preventative
care is essential in this field.
Cardiac Diagnostics and Imaging
· As a specialist in cardiac imaging and diagnostic testing, I am often consulted on difficult diagnoses, the causative
mechanisms and the likely prognosis.
· I have two accreditations from the European Society of Cardiology and I have performed, interpreted and reported more than 10,000 scans.
· Echocardiography is part of the standard of care for cardiology patients. Dr Pellerin is highly qualified to perform
ultrasound scans and can perform these in any routine appointment. In my practice all echocardiograms are scanned and reported by myself. This provides swifter and accurate identification of diseases, peace of mind for patients who can ask questions on the spot, and often reduces the need for multiple investigations, avoiding invasive procedures unless necessary.
I teach undergraduate and postgraduate levels, medical students, and other healthcare professionals.
· My research involves working with patients to determine the effectiveness of new techniques and treatments. This includes the ability of cardiac diagnostic tools to provide valuable information to patient care, and clinical trials to determine the best treatments for specific conditions.
· I published over 75 articles in peer-review journals, 20 cardiology book chapters, and 60 publications in non peer-review
· For 20 years I have been invited to lecture and chair sessions on many areas of cardiology and cardiac imaging at
international cardiology meetings (>160 invited Lectures and Chairmanships).
Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
Degrees Diplomas, and Qualifications
1974 Advanced Mathematics, University of Paris.
1977 Diploma in Computer for Medical Applications, University of Paris.
1978 Diploma in Applied Statistics level 2, University of Paris.
1986 MD thesis on balloon angioplasty for chronic coronary artery occlusion. Paris VI University, with Distinction.
1989 Certificate of Completion of Specialist Cardiology Training, Paris VI University;
1998 Philosophical Doctor (PhD), Paris VII Rene Diderot University. Pioneer work on Quantification of myocardial wall velocities by colour Doppler tissue echocardiography; experimental and clinical applications (with distinction). Development of a dedicated software in collaboration with a mathematical unit specialized in image processing presented at the AHA annual scientific conference.
Member of eight prestigious professional societies
1992 Fellow of the French Society of Cardiology.
1996 Fellow of the European Working Group on Echocardiography.
1998 Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology (FESC).
1999 Scientific Committee of the European Working Group on Echocardiography of the European Society of Cardiology.
2001 Scientific committee of the Congress of the French Working Group on Heart Failure. 2002 Education Committee of the British Society of Echocardiography.
2010 Education committee of the European Association of Echocardiography of the European Society of Cardiology.
2013 Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians (FRCP), London.
What a lovely colleague Caring and considerate and an expert in his field I have known Denis for many years and he is superb cardiologist