DR RICK SEAH
MBBS, MSc (Hons), MAcadMEd, MFMLM, MRCGP, MFSEM, FFSEM(UK), DCH, DFFP, Dip Football Med, DipSEM(GB&I)
HCA Institute of Sport, Exercise & Health (ISEH), London W1T 7HA
HCA The Wellington Hospital Elstree Waterfront, Elstree, Hertfordshire WD6 3BS
Dr Richard (Rick) Seah is a UK-trained consultant in Musculoskeletal, Sport & Exercise Medicine (MSK & SEM).
He consults at the Institute of Sport, Exercise & Health (ISEH) and is an honorary sports physician at University College London Hospitals (UCLH) NHS Foundation Trust.
He also consults at The Wellington Hospital Elstree Waterfront & Pure Sports Medicine, Canary Wharf, London.
Dr Seah studied medicine at Guy's, King's & St Thomas' Hospitals Medical School, University of London. He qualified in 1999. He subsequently obtained his IABSEM diploma and a Master's degree in SEM with distinction from University College London in 2005.
He trained for 4 years as a London Deanery SEM speciality registrar and spent a further 1 year as a senior registrar, prior to entry onto the GMC specialist register.
In total, he trained over a period of 12 years in the NHS and is doubly accredited as a specialist and generalist. He is a qualified musculoskeletal sonographer.
He was a sports medicine doctor at both London 2012 Olympic & Paralympic Games. He has previously worked with the English Institute of Sport, British Fencing, British Canoeing and Wheelchair Tennis.
He was a medical officer for the Abu Dhabi International Triathlon from 2010-2014 and the Wembley National Stadium event medical team from 2007-2009.
He is interested in all aspects of musculoskeletal and sports injury. This ranges from acute traumatic injury to chronic overuse injury to myofascial pain syndromes.
He oversees all aspects of the management process from prompt diagnosis to rehabilitation and subsequent injury prevention.
www.LondonSportsPhysician.co.ukDiseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
- Ultrasound-guided corticosteroid injections
- Medical acupuncture, dry needling and myofascial trigger point (MTrP) release
- Viscosupplementation injections for osteoarthritis
- Shockwave therapy (ESWT) for plantar fasciitis, 'tennis elbow' and insertional tendinopathies
- Prolotherapy/ sclerosant injections for ligamentous & soft tissue laxity
- Orthobiologics & Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections
- Medications for acute and chronic pain (Nociceptive and neuropathic pain)
- Lifestyle and weight management advice
- 'Frozen shoulder' hydrodistension injections
- High volume image-guided injections (HVIGI) for Achilles and patellar tendinopathy
- Exercise prescription
- Compartment pressure testing (CPT) for suspected chronic exertional compartment syndrome (CECS)
- Injections (BTX) for pain management & recurrent muscle spasm
- Joint injection
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound
- Shockwave therapy
- Exercise prescription
- Soft tissue injection
- All musculoskeletal and sports injuries
- Upper limb injuries (e.g. Tennis elbow, Shoulder impingement)
- Lower limb injuries (e.g. Achilles & Patellar tendinopathy, Plantar fasciopathy)
- Neck and back pain
- Muscle, ligament and tendon injuries
- Injection therapies
- Extracorporeal shockwave therapy (ESWT) for soft tissue injuries.
- Tennis injury
- Exercise medicine
- Joint injury
- Running injuries
- Dance injury
- Ankle sprain
- Cartilage injury
- Football injury
- Ligament injury
- Shin splints
- Back pain
- Hip and groin pain