Dr Shetty is an Honorary Associate Professor at UCL and Lead Consultant in Pain Management at the University College London Hospitals. He is the lead for Neuromodulation at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery. Dr Shetty specializes in the use of Spinal cord stimulation for managing complex neuropathic pain conditions including chronic back, leg, pelvic pain and headache. Dr Shetty trained at Cambridge University Hospitals and underwent a clinical fellowship in pain management at Guys & St Thomas Hospital in London. He has worked with experts from around the world and continues to collaborate in the field of pain medicine Dr Shetty was awarded clinical excellence award at House of Lords in recognition of his outstanding performance, and continuing excellence in exemplifying the highest standards of service in an event organised by Essex Medical Society.
Honorary Associate Professor, University College London
Chief Medical Officer , Nurokor
Regional Advisor in Pain Medicine, Royal College of Anaesthesia
Secretary, Royal Society of Medicine
Faculty, UCL female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
International Expert Advisor, Euro Pain Clinics, Slovakia
Senior Fellow & Council Member, London Pain Forum
Neuromodulation Module Lead, MSc Programme, UCL
Medical appraiser for Consultants, UCLH
Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
· Dr Shetty specialises in managing complex headache related conditions such as Migraine, Trigeminal Neuralgia & Glossopharyngeal Neuralgia. He specialises in non-invasive (External Neuromodulation) and invasive interventions.
2. Pelvic and visceral pain
· Dr Shetty works at the largest Pelvic Pain Management Centre in United Kingdom and is an expert in managing complex abdominal & pelvic conditions. He set up the Abdomino – Pelvic Pain Symposium to train specialists in managing pelvic pain. He has proctored Physicians in Europe to use Neuromodulation in managing pelvic pain.
3. Back Pain
· Majority of patients with back pain can be managed conservatively. An appropriate diagnostic workup & therapeutic service is provided where required. Dr Shetty is an expert in Pain procedures for back pain. He has successfully managed complex pain conditions with Racz Epidurolysis & Spinal cord stimulation therapy.
· Dr Shetty is one of the few experts in the world who specialise in providing various forms of neuromodulation therapy including non-invasive external neuromodulation, peripheral neuromodulation and spinal cord stimulation therapy.
- Nerve Root Injection
- Caudal Epidural Injection
- Facet Joint Injection
- Neck Pain Injections
- Radiofrequency Denervations and Pulsed Radiofrequency to Nerves
- Neuromodulation (Spinal cord stimulation, DRG,Sacral nerve stimulation, ONS, PNS)
- Spinal Injections for Pain
- Interventions for Pelvic and abdominal pain
- Nerve block for Headache and facial pain
- Back & Spinal Pain
- Chronic Neck Pain
- Nerve & Neuropathic Pain
- Pelvic and Abdominal Pain
- Thoracic and Chest Pain