DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK DR MURINO ARRANGE OUTPATIENT APPOINTMENT VIA ZOOM OR SKYPE
Dr Alberto Murino is a Consultant Gastroenterologist & Gastrointestinal Endoscopist at the Royal Free Hospital NHS Trust.
Dr Murino is a luminal gastroenterologist and Honorary Associate Professor with a special interest in diagnostic and advanced therapeutic endoscopy, including endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR), endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD), double balloon enteroscopy (DBE) and small bowel capsule endoscopy. His practice cover such areas as general gastroenterology including irritable bowel syndrome, dyspepsia, gastroesophageal reflux, coeliac disease and gastrointestinal dysmotility disorders, colonic and gastric lesions management, small bowel diseases and bloating.
Dr Murino qualified in Medicine and surgery at University of Sassari becaming a specialist in gastroenterology and gastrointestinal endoscopy (MRCP gastro equivalent) in 2009 with the final score of 60/60 cum laudae.
Between 2010-2014 he completed three prestigious research fellowships in gastroenterology with a special focus in advance endoscopy in three internationally well known and recognised academic Institutions:
1. Wolfson Unit for Endoscopy. St. Mark’s Institute and Academic Centre, Imperial College, London. May 2010 – September 2012
2. Department of Gastroenterology, Hepato-Pancreatology, and Digestive Oncology, Erasme Hospital, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium. October 2012 – November 2013
3. Department of Gastroenterology. Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine Division of Gastroenterology. Nagoya University Hospital. Nagoya, Japan. December 2013-July 2014
He then worked as Consultant Gastroenterologist in Italy until 2016 when he finally joined the Gastroenterology department at the Royal Free Hospital becoming a permanent consultant.
Dr Murino can be booked privately in the private departments of the Royal Free Hospital and at the Wellington Hospital. Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
- Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection (ESD)
- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection (EMR)
- Double balloon Enteroscopy
- Single balloon Enteroscopy
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG)
- Endoscopy Baloon Dilatation
- Transnasal endoscopy
- General gastroenterology
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Gastroesophageal reflux
- Coeliac disease
- Gastrointestinal dysmotility disorders
- Diarrhoea & Constipation
- Inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease)
- Colonic and gastric lesions management
- Small bowel diseases